As parents we all want the best care, attention and start in life for our children. At Saddleworth Stars you can be assured of the superior quality childcare that your child deserves. Here are just a few of the reasons why parents love Saddleworth Stars Nursery:
Our Team: Feel safe entrusting the care of your child to our excellent, highly qualified, friendly and experienced family team. Your precious little stars will look forward every day to fun activities with their very own ‘key person’. Our exceptional nursery manager Kim Ratcliffe has over 12 years experience and every member of our first class team is passionate and experienced in Early Years education. We ensure that all our teaching highly motivates the children in all areas of learning and we regularly assess ourselves as we continuously seek to enhance all aspects of our practice.
Our Practice: As parents ourselves, we are able to see our nursery from a parent’s perspective. Every major decision made here at Saddleworth Stars is taken with ‘a child’s view’ in mind combined with the highest standards that we (as parents) aspire to for our children. Every step we take is with support and approval from our Local Authority Early Years professionals and many other agencies that we work with closely. With this approach we have made very rapid progress in creating a first class nursery. Simple things like good manners, traditional values, social awareness, cleanliness and hygiene are all part of our philosophy. We also ensure that every child here feels confident that they are in a warm and safe environment surrounded by caring and highly skilled staff. We have enhanced all aspects of the nursery with our wealth of resources designed to inspire, motivate and challenge the children in all areas. ALL our staff are trained in first aid and receive regular training in areas specific to the children in their care. We believe that our exemplary practice can be seen in other areas such as our robust planning and progress monitoring systems, and innovative use of resources.
Fantastic Value: We provide the basics so that you don’t have to!
- consumables such as nappies and sun-cream.
- award-winning food prepared by our own chef
- nutritious homemade meals prepared from fresh natural ingredients
- breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit
- unrivalled outdoor play with our very own meadow and safe enclosed spaces
- superb indoor space with our large bright and vibrant rooms
- full access to a wealth of resources for all children
- exclusive pre-school rooms with full nursery opening hours
- new baby facilities caring for children age 3 mths+
- additional activities such as football, dance academy etc
- A Reggio inspire art teacher who works across the whole nursery
- Outings and trips to our local community
Football/Dancing – delivers structured, early-years play programmes for children aged two to five years old. Designed to develop children’s motor skills of balance, co-ordination and agility, a dancing or football programme is proven to be a fantastic way of developing a child’s self confidence and independence. And what’s more it is lots of fun!
These sessions are unique to us and are specially designed to be based around educational objectives linked to the early years curriculum. Each session involves a warm up game and a main activity . The session will end with a cool down and questions and answers about the session that the children have taken part in. Finally, the children receive a ‘well done’ sticker for their efforts. This is then recorded in their personal achievement booklet.
Some of the benefits listed below will help young children to develop essential life skills, such as:
– Personal, social and emotional development
– Language, literacy and communication
– Mathematical development
– Knowledge and Understanding of the world
– Physical development
– Creative development
– Ability to identify and use different parts of both feet
– Eye/ball Co ordination, balance and agility